Video Game Localization
Japanese to English localization, proofreading, editing of video games.
I have been an avid gamer of Japanese and English games since I was 9. I love playing games in English and Japanese as well as analyzing game localizations.
- Translate into natural English dialogue for video games.
- Translate developer text for English developers.
- Cultural understanding of both Japan and US to localize jokes and slang appropriately.
- Match company style guides.
- Tackle variety of subject matters.
Articles and interviews ABOUT video games.
I love writing and translating writings about video games. Interviews, blogs and other online media are highly sort after by English readers.
Video Games, Articles & Interview Localizations
I was one of three winners for the LocJAM Japan 2016 localization competition.
Ikinari Maou was a fantasy JRPG inspired short tactical game.
A 9000+ character / 6000+ word translation of an interview between Final Fantasy XIV Sound Director Masayoshi Soken and Japanese Magazine Famitsu.
Translated the game title, prologue, Kaido Haruma & Hino Youta story lines and bonus chapters, and in-game text (buttons, messages etc).