Video Game Localization
Japanese to English localization, proofreading, editing of video games.
I have been an avid gamer of Japanese and English games since I was 9. I love playing games in English and Japanese as well as analyzing game localizations.
- Translate into natural English dialogue for video games.
- Translate developer text for English developers.
- Cultural understanding of both Japan and US to localize jokes and slang appropriately.
- Match company style guides.
- Tackle variety of subject matters.
I was one of three winners for the LocJAM Japan 2016 localization competition.
Ikinari Maou was a fantasy JRPG inspired short tactical game.
Translated the game title, prologue, Kaido Haruma & Hino Youta story lines and bonus chapters, and in-game text (buttons, messages etc).